Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Taking Time With FehrTrade

I'm at work today, and spending the down time reading Melissa Fehr's FehrTrade website from top to toe.

Nice discoveries:Fehr's Jalie jeans post which pretty much covers what you need to know about jeans, alterations and bleeding denim.

And Sister Mag, which is an online magazine for "digital women". It's available in English and German, and made for many of those popular tablet computer things you kids today are so fond of. Old people like me can page through it on their Flintstones-era computers.

It's awkward and brilliant, and has some downloadable patterns available (the  vintage style bathing suit link isn't quite functional yet, but it will be soon i hope). The popsicle recipes are disturbingly tasty looking (you'll have to page through it for those, kids).

Online means: I don't have to worry about page count, and it does go on a little long. Some stories are great (the business profiles are short and sweet: who asks who your first hire was? Smag does!), the review of the bio of Vicky "Grand Hotel" Baum made me long for a translation of the book, the hotel essays are a cut above the usual travel mag crap. And other parts...are well intentioned. I am going home to make popsicles.

Thank You! Melissa! A great afternoon on the web thanks to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.