Friday, October 25, 2013

Choir dress hemming and depuffing 2013


It's October, so it must be girl choir dress mend and hem time!


This year I have 33 or so (might be a few more), about a third done.
And now - taking the stand up puff out of the sleeves of the extra dresses. Top photo shows left puffy sleeve head and right depuffed sleeve head.


And this is the new sleeve pattern (traced onto flimsy off of model sleeve still on dress). Yes, about two inches off the top and sides. Whoa! Eighties Puff!

I had an intense learning curve on these last year, and thank heavens I left big stitching and evened out hems for myself this year. MUCH smarter the second time around.

And who says we do not learn from experience?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.