Sunday, June 18, 2017

PAOM digital fabric printing

Vogue Patterns Magazine, June July 2017 ran a story on digital fabric printing.

They mentioned a company I had not known about, PAOM (Print All Over Me)
So I went online.
SJ, Gal Reporter, at your service.

Like Zazzle and friends, you can print your designs on preselected physical items, 
tshirts and backpacks and such.
But Vogue mentions yardage and gave prices.

So let's go.

It looks a lot like the other sites' pages. They do let you rotate and scale up, which is pretty rocking. Spoony don't do that.

In the name of reducing the "long posts with too many screen shots" I'm guilty of, 
I'm skipping all the front pages. I want to make yardage, and their Basic and Current Editions do not contain fabric 

I gotta go to the PAOM plan editions



This looks like what I want


I'm saving


And I'm redirected to a membership page. That's cool. There's a free standard option.


And that standard use option won't open. 

But the pay options are open


So i write an email

I get an auto response with helpful links and I go to wholesale, because that might be interesting.

and i get a funny 404 page. Love that collection!



So more email. And this is what you need to know about yardage printing with PAOM.




This is the actual link you need:
You fill out a form, and they will respond. Response time was good. 
So that's your door in. It seems better suited for printing on objects, and the selection is interesting. If you're looking for big yardage, this might be your source; they print in Shanghai and the US, and this is great news for someone. 

At this point, I'm already so far into Spoonflower, I need to have someone drive a parade float into my house and let me play on it to dig me out.

And they just made their deal a little sweeter: I had it confirmed from Spoonflower:  you can proof your designs for sale using the quilt cheating function. They count! 42 samples at one blow for $17.50 on basic cotton! 

(click on pics for bigness if you wish)





This is where I just get giddy. You have 42 squares, and they can be filled in with 42 different things from one collection. Or you can fill in adjacent squares and it continues the entire image, not just the corner of the basic image you uploaded (see the red on light orange or the odd white dots on brown).
Damn!

No comments: