Sunday, September 23, 2018

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Mending Program


This is the closeup of the sewing room. Yes, it's a mess. But it's where I sew.

This is the longer view of the room. I only use half the room. And those wall lights are the only ones in the room that have fixtures.
Why yes, that IS an eight foot couch. That's a bunch of pillows and curtains and stuff that's leaving the room. I'm standing in the door, to my left is the wall.


I am going to have more sewing and I'm going to need the room. Seems easy enough.
I need a bigger table, I will need more hanging racks for the choir job. The couch is trying to find a home: it's been too long for everyone who's wanted it. 
Imagine: a couch too big for a frat house! They even found a truck for it.
 I've cleared a path for it out of the basement. At this rate, I'll just build a table over it.

 And this stuff needs to go in there (including that stuff under the table)
That table will get an extendable cover.


This stuff can stay in the cupboard for now.

I also need real lighting.
Yes, I am tired of the endless extension cords.

I started with replacing the dimmer switch
This suspiciously warm but functioning dimmer switch

Came out of this box.
A box that is not entirely secured to the wall.
Neither is the electrical cable coming into the box.


Neither are the light fixture receptacle boxes. When I've tried to wire up a new fixture, the box wiggles away on one side.

Old wiring. It doesn't look entirely right, and I don't have the talent to figure this out.
I pulled things out, shut off that circuit.
All the electricity-full wire ends are covered with twisty lock covers. No electricity is escaping into the air. Nothing is touching that cardboard (it's there so I don't reach for the switch when I walk in the room)

So I don't have a sewing room with electricity for now. 

So if you wanted your pants hemmed before the electrician gets here, you are out of luck.
On the plus side, I dug out all the ivy and put in the coneflowers and the hydrangea. 

I found and replanted the Minnow daffs.


1 comment:

  1. omg, I'm in the process of cleaning out/sorting/being traumatized/ etc. by my sewing cave at the moment too. Thankfully, no electricity is involved or I'd also be shocked. You will not see pictures of this. No. No. No. Shall we see who gets to the end point first? nah. It may never happen. Meanwhile, I am not sewing as a punishment/reward to just do it. argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.