Saturday, January 23, 2021

Pattern work: Pants Regraining

Those legs are off grain. And I thought I fixed that. Needs fixing more.
These are the one piece pants, the ones previous to the red ones, which I am giving up on. Look at those lower legs; the inside seam comes back towards the center. And these are better than previous ones. That inseam is curving in.

Pencil is the old grain line. Was I on drugs? No, but when I turned the one piece pants back into two piece pants for the red pants, I didn't correct the grain lines. And here I am, correcting.
 
I pinned the pieces to the folded over board to keep them lined up when I redid them.

I love love love my folding cutting board. It's not entirely accurate in measuring length (the fold sucks up some distance) but I can pin pieces to it with pushpins, I can use clothespins to secure the fabric to the edges to grain stuff up....and when one dies, it becomes very useful cardboard for projects and at least one kid's trifold project display.

And here they are

Black is still hard to photograph, but those ankles are straighter. Such a flattering photo!

You want to see a great pocket adjustment on pants?
https://www.sewinglikemad.com/2019/08/bob-woven-pants-by-style-arc-pocket.html
Mmmm hmmmm!

Meanwhile, I am pounding accounting into my head

More next week. I have notes to take.
And 'journalizing' is not a word. "Posting to the journal" will do.


2 comments:

  1. That pocket adjustment is silly on the Bobs, because they already have the side seam moved forward an inch. So you don't have the opening on the side already. Although I hate this business of persuading yourself that you look so much smaller when you don't have 1/16" of seam on your side ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a Bob feature I did not know (it seemed silly to buy the pattern when I already a pattern that looks 89% like it already) and I thank you. STUFF LEARNED. My side seam pocket issue is the pocket contents are going to end up in my underbelly/crotch area, let's just get that pocket over there to start with. Also my chubbier arms don't want to move back all the way to the side to start trying to get my keys out. I think that's why I have defaulted to a jean pocket style, just shove my hand straight down to the rummaging.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.