Sunday, October 13, 2024

Redrafter - just can't leave that pattern alone

Man, that sleeve sticks out more than I like. This is a camp shirt, but it doesn't need wings for sleeves.
 

I can bring it in a little at the seams but it won't hang as well. I will have to leave this be and remedy the pattern for the next use.

My goal is to take the surplus width from the hem but keep the cap fat; it would take a little FBA (full bicep adjustment) thinking.

Essentially I slice it open to the seam line and wiggle it around until it's the right dimensions and doesn't look distorted.

This would be fine but the right side seam is an inch lower than the other.

This is better (yardstick to check the level)
The great thing about the cardboard grid board is I can push pin stuff to line it up or swing it from and it maintains that distance or level. Pretty handy for this work; and I use a tape measure to check the measurements cause that board isn't numerically accurate (the folds eat up space).


I used a wide angle shot to get it all, so it's distorted in the photo.

Of course we're past short sleeved button up season now, but it's ready for next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.