Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lil Dress Form (quarter sized mostly)


Long hard day draping and cutting.
But I lie. Well, the photo does.



This is what it really looks like, if I leave the background in.

And then I could show you the pattern I cut this from


I know Vionnet worked on a smaller dress form for draping, but I've found it saves a lot of time, paper and fabric to mess aroun.....CREATE on a smaller form.

I've used the drawing manikin
But you can't pin into it. And it's not very well proportioned. That grey culotte pattern looks like a Hefty bag on a real person


And usually this thing is wearing the little striped pullover shirt pattern I'm STILL poking at, almost a year later......

But today, it's wearing half a pair of culottes. Cause I need a new pair.
Oh, you'll get a pattern, too.....but not that one in the picture. Cause that's just not working.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.