Saturday, June 25, 2016

Bill Cunningham

I am pretty sure I am not the only person who harbored a secret dream to be photographed by Bill Cunningham on the streets of New York.

He was a disinterested society photographer, a link to a society long past, a failed milliner, and the man who cared about what imagination people used when they got dressed.

He wore the same uniform to work every day.
He was not impressed by fame or money.
It was a celebration of creativity and the energy of a city.

It was a labor of love.

I will miss the Cunningham All Stars.

I will miss following Louise Doktor.

A wonderful appreciation of Mr Cunningham, by Robin Givhans
Added, thanks to Vintage Traveler for this.

There is no more red carpet to care about now.

Rest his soul in peace.

New York Times 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.