Sunday, January 28, 2018

Fashionary: I misunderstood you

A few years ago, I posted about Fashionary Tape.
They have a new product coming out.
I reread their materials.
I was an ass and I am sorry.

Granted, on the face of it, this tape is dumb.
Why do I care about standard runway model measurements? 
I mean, are they the gold standard of sizing? I don't think so.
It is reversible from inches to centimeters, and is a very handsome tape. 
but so is this
and at....5.5L, which is about 
 The Merchant is a slightly better deal. "Made by Germans" and we are known for our exacting tape standards. (wait a minute, aren't I the woman who gassed on about the differences between tapes, rulers, boards and cutting boards? Wait, I haven't done that one yet? We get to a slow week, we'll get that one)

(but whyyyyyy are we revisiting this?)

Anyway, I do check for broken links and bad tags on this blog, and the Fashionary links were broken (that http to https thang). I have corrected that, and reread their website.

 To reinterate, I Do Not make money off this blog. 
That's what Spoonflower. and Craftsy are for.

And they have books. A new one coming out this very week.
Ta daah
I do love the % breakdown, like it's the fiber content. Score one for Fashionary
And then I get it.

It's a set of tools for someone who wants to be in the clothing business.
Probably someone working with manufacturers overseas.

Out here on the left coast, there are a LOT of import businesses that do exactly this work. They don't sew a thing; they develop product lines directly for big box stores (Costco, Walmart). They need nothing more than a good set of connections (human and internet).
They do need to use the same terminology to make sure they are ordering what they want.

And voila!
Fashionpedia.
This is a nice breakdown of the names of the parts of a watch
Because you know that everything has a name.
pointing in action
And we can all point to the drawing of the thing we want, even if we don't speak the same language.

Although I am wondering how the Plague Doctor mask is a common fashion item.
Eh, takes all kinds.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of plague doctor masks in steampunk actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many, they have their own entry! I am grateful I lived to see this day. (they really creep me out)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.