Sunday, December 9, 2018

BluPrint Binge Watch and Tiltons

You can, with careful time management, use a Bluprint one week free trial EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A CRAFTSY account.

Plan open time.
Plan snacks and beverages. 
Start your free week.
Set a reminder in your calendar as to when to cancel your free trial.
Watch the hell out of the classes.

You won't be able to keep watching them later, but you can download the printed information for the classes while you are in them.

They will want you to make an account and they will want a credit card number. They are counting on you forgetting to cancel, and maybe you'll want to keep going 
(I did this with the Met Opera HD channel, I'm a sucker, and it worked out pretty well until it didn't and then I stopped)

Before we go any further, I'd like to plug Kenneth King's fancy fabrics class, as well as Melissa Fehr's activewear class. You can never go wrong with the Professor; he's a brilliant educator. Melissa's calm voice and clear manner is a balm.
Yes, I Watched Most Of Them.
Bras, velvet, sergers, coverstitch primers, all sewing all the time.
NO KNITTING classes
NO COOKING classes
Just sewing.
(my family was out for a couple days and the cat only eats canned food)

But I'm here for some knit tips.

And since I do love to binge watch, I'm binge-ing the Tilton's shirts classes




For those who just want the quick route, I'd do the Artful t-shirt, and then grab the sleeve chapter on the Ultimate t shirt. The Artful just slips past this, demoing a lot of the other construction bits. Which is cool, but I like to watch people do things that have just eluded me. And this knit stitching thing does elude me. 126 hems or not.

And Marci does sew the armscye seam first in the Ultimate class, then refolds and pins and does the sleeve and body side seam in one go. Which she says not to do in the Artful video. 
People change.
I can be flexible.

What I learned:
Consistency is more important than perfection. 
If I'm not failing, I'm not creative enough - Tiltons
Make samples.
Play.
A differential feed would be a nice thing in a serger.
And of course,
I wish Kenneth King taught everything.

Pressing over the largest ham in town
(by https://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchNerd of course)


I am not sure why I enjoy this. I should just make a YouTube channel called She Sewed Over A Pin.

And if this isn't good enough, have some Bernina tech p@rn.
OH MY GOD
JUMBO BOBBIN
Why did I just find out about this?
Do I live in a cave?
Or this one: it just pops out at you!

How many thousands of dollars will this cost?
Hm. Guess I can just buy more bobbins and wind them more often. Or buy a second bobbin case and be all ready to go.

2 comments:

  1. I love Bluprint. I am one of the ones who forgot to cancel and I am glad I did (forget , that is). I have actually watched things other than sewing. Some of them are quite good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gotten bitten by forgetting to turn off something that suddenly went up a Whole Lot In Price, so I set calendar reminders. I've bought a couple classes over the years (Jeanius, soooo worth it for me) though, so it's not like I'm Mrs I Never Spend Money Ever. Me and MetHD, they know me.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.