Thursday, April 8, 2021

What is this thing called? Episode 12 of an ongoing series about pockets

I love pockets. You might have noticed.

I also love words.

I slant in the openings for the side seam pockets (to let the hand find the pocket more easily) and make the pocket bags long so the weight of the pockets hangs from the horizontal seam in the waistband (the top of the pocket catches in that waistband seam).
(this also keeps the sides from floating up.)

For the kids pants (the ones they would burn through as toddlers) I made a single layer pocket and topstitch it from the outside to secure it (usually a couple of rows of stitching)



What is this called anyway?


Side seam pocket. With topstitching.
Solved that problem.


I desperately want to re-caption this image with random phrases for pocket types shifty shady flirty spooky death heavenly clicktrack. Who wouldn't want clicktrack pockets?


Fraudster should be Tail Lights

2 comments:

  1. I would call that 'extend pocket bag toward the center' to be more precise. And it's a very good thing, if you intend to actually use the pockets. I also make them longer in a different direction, 'deep', so larger stuff fits in and doesn't fall out at the least provocation M-C (google now demands a url with a name, sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, this made me laugh out loud on a night I needed the laugh. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.