Monday, November 22, 2021

Belated Costume Patterns and A Tiny FanFic

 I missed these patterns at Joanns in October, or maybe they are just gift sewing choices

Kind of two classic Joker looks for the comic books

The Care Bears?  Is this a New Generation thing? Why do they have Shrek ears? (there is no licensed Shrek pattern btw)

They had a pattern line
There was a whole series of them. This is not my copy. I have one of these  patterns, but I am too damn lazy to go dig up the photo or dig the pattern out and take another photo. Someone had an entire set at Value Village and it blew my mind. I could only take one.

there is a three piece face mask pattern included. It's tempting if it goes on the big sale


Of course, the Child, DBA Grogu.

this is creepy. It really is.

I can see buying this.

But what did come home with me was a yard of this 'retro' Darth print.


Okay, I see this as Pride Vader. He spent his youth trying to free his mother, and his teenaged years with another older woman, probably had more of a crush (I mean, the gal had a wardrobe I'd die for) than love for. Anakin never did like sand, it was too rough and coarse. What else do we know about him? Very little. All we know is that he likes making stuff out of broken stuff; the best mechanic in the galaxy?

Society's expectations broke him and made him into a weapon.
Poor kid.


1 comment:

  1. Can confirm the teenagers are very into Care Bear stuff. The oldest one bought herself a very cropped care bear bunnyhug just the other day, and is sad that they didn’t have matching underwear. I have one of those original carebear patterns in the stash. I think it came from my mother-in-law… I wonder if she ever made it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.