Thursday, November 11, 2021

Shirtmaking Workbook, or Coffin's underdelivered content


 I am not covering any new ground with this book report. I am kind of annoyed that I bought this book, because I had heard about this before. And you can read the entire book online on ISSUU if you poke around a little.

Before I forget, I found this page (copy and paste in yr own browser)

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww2.quartoknows.com%2Fuploads%2Ffiles%2FCPi%2Fshirtmaking%2Fonline-content-directory-1.pdf&chunk=true

while searching for the missing online content for David Page Coffin's The Shirtmaking Workbook.

There are clickable links in this PDF with addresses on Quarto's website.



Hell yes I do!
and here's where it goes


Nothing.

There has always been some online grousing about overpromising and underdelivering on Coffin's part for this book, which offered more than 100 pattern downloads for Collars Cuffs and Plackets. It's part of the title, for goshsakes.

an early review, Lindsey - I thank you, wherever you are


The book is still for sale by Quarto, with this cover:


And it has  that advertisement on the front


and has absolutely no linked material, as of today, November 11, 2021.

I have a couple of emails to Quarto. We'll see if they have any form response. I will follow up if they do.

1 comment:

  1. After David's death, I wondered if the website material would be available. I will be following your experience with Quarto with interest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.