Sunday, April 3, 2022

Pen Pouch Toile Purse: Not my best work by far

It's goofing off time.
(well, I finished the shirt and another couple knit shirts and am stalling on the next shirt cause I don't like my present pattern and need a new one to make too many of)

 I am going to make myself a couple of the Ikat Bag pen cases, 
http://www.ikatbag.com/2013/10/marker-pouch.html
but I had to goof around with this idea first. 
I hand basted this first, to get the zipper placed correctly. Yes, I had to break out the pliers to pull the needle through.
And I used a metal zip because I have a lot of metal zip 

Scuba or it's pals needs something to anchor the stitching on the outsides, so I have made a sandwich of the zipper, the scuba, and some rick rack because I love rick rack.

and if you used a coil zipper in an loop, it would work*. Also if you made the fabric part have a little dish shape to it (do a little cornerfold/gather at the  corners) it would be the useful tray I need to wrangle my pens and put them away at the end of the day.


Hello!


It needs tabs at the zip ends (the safety pins would be temporary)  and some shaping to make it more tray and less landing pad (which has its charms)

this style does not work with this zipper (metal zip is too stiff). But I am keeping it anyway as a sample i can refer back to.

(* I cannot find a tutorial on the interwebs of how this works. I'm....shocked. I also can't find an example of this on anything anymore. Did we fall out of love with this application? Do I have to make one to see WHY we don't do this anymore?

Oh dear, I fear that I do)

And I am revisiting this 

which I will talk about later, except to say
the glue on the seams is still not dry, two years later
EEEEEEEEK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.