Tuesday, April 19, 2022

(not so) Magic Bag Of Tricks part two

 I have been poking at this this project for over two years
Felix the Cat's Magic Bag of Tricks
Here's the Loungefly version of it


It ground to a halt when I glued the interior seams over and the glue did not dry.
Not even the glue that was exposed to the air.
Two years later, it's still gooey.

but a gal needs to finish what she started...
Here's the pattern
It's a frame purse, and yes, I did buy the appropriately sized frame.
But maybe not designed for pleather. 

Last week I posted the basic construction.
Now I'm trying to finish it.

I made a template to mark the holes for the bag feet

Also used one of the templates as an interior support for the feet





Secured the prongs with gaffers tape.

I remembered I wanted to add an interior pocket to the lining (this is the lining turned right side out). I didn't add a closure at the top. I may regret that. I did not use that Fabric Fusion glue. 



The lining is clipped to the exterior after I finished the interior pocket, and I handbasted it together
 Looks good! Maybe I should stop here.

However, no one prepared me for what a pain in the keister attaching the frame to the bag.
Holy mother of pearl.
(I used all the swears up. I am still using them up. I have none to spare for this post)

The glueing part gets its own post. Which may not be SFW.

And a side note: Bernadette gets Deadpool better than she knows
https://youtu.be/J7zBF-_uz3U?t=790
Deadpool sewing commentary, but no pouches on this reel.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.