Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Sock sweater and sweater cutting up and remodeling link party (2023)

 So the ex had a lot of socks he didn't want and I have a bunch as well 


https://www.threadsmagazine.com/2018/09/12/make-hats-recycled-sweaters

I like the examples of the zig zag stitches used. That and the upcycled sweater article (no free links yet but it's here at https://www.threadsmagazine.com/2020/10/21/how-to-upcycle-a-sweater). I think the latter kinda skipped over the bigger issues with collaging sweaters; the unraveling seam edges. 
You know how when you steek a sweater, you stitch down the future seam before you cut the steek?
You don't?

https://blog.tincanknits.com/2014/09/18/steek/
I'd at least machine sew down those edges first. Wool knits will behave, but poly cut edges can explode.

https://erniekdesigns.blogspot.com/2021/12/sweater-remodel-number-christmas.html

It's a lot of socks to use
Let's get slicing!












I will stitch the heels closed, stack them in a tub and think about them for three years

And finish this post in September of 2026 and post again next week with the finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.