So the ex had a lot of socks he didn't want and I have a bunch as well
https://www.threadsmagazine.com/2018/09/12/make-hats-recycled-sweaters
I like the examples of the zig zag stitches used. That and the upcycled sweater article (no free links yet but it's here at https://www.threadsmagazine.com/2020/10/21/how-to-upcycle-a-sweater). I think the latter kinda skipped over the bigger issues with collaging sweaters; the unraveling seam edges.
You know how when you steek a sweater, you stitch down the future seam before you cut the steek?
You don't?
https://blog.tincanknits.com/2014/09/18/steek/
I'd at least machine sew down those edges first. Wool knits will behave, but poly cut edges can explode.
https://erniekdesigns.blogspot.com/2021/12/sweater-remodel-number-christmas.html
It's a lot of socks to use
Let's get slicing!
I will stitch the heels closed, stack them in a tub and think about them for three years
And finish this post in September of 2026 and post again next week with the finished project.






Some things take longer than others, but in the end they're done.
ReplyDelete