Monday, January 1, 2024

Pocket Zippers Need Tabs. They Just Do

 I've done this before, but let's see the new ones I made and didn't use!


This is one of the interior pocket zippers. They're the plastic toothed ones.
Interior pockets need tabs. For grabbing, for not snagging on your sweater, to keep the assembly from disassembling.  I like to put the novelty ribbons to work on this, but this ribbon is getting some use in other parts of the coat so let's use it like a grace note and repeat it just enough.

I do most of this by hand, because zippers are squirrely and like to scramble away from the presser foot.


There was a zipper pull emergency once, and someone had to give up their pull.
I have replacement ones now, I can make a quick one with Sugru (or a two part epoxy, or a big glob of hot glue) wrapped around a paperclip) when I finally use this one.

Gets a little machine sewing. It makes tinier stitches than I can.

Mark it to match the first one for length.



I am pointing to where I did not sew through the teeth. That does not work.

I cut out the teeth and glued the stub

and this shows you how the tape goes past the teeth on the wrapping tape


GLUE

Hello Twins (fraternal not identical)

Hand basting into the pocket opening

Ready for my closeup

Okay, there is puckering (at the top)

All this and - I switched the exterior fabric up and did't use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.