Saturday, January 20, 2024

ReNecking

 I have a fat neck. I don't have a problem with that, I'm turning 65.

I do have a problem with collars pinching me, so there's been some renecking.

For the Uniqlo sweater (the one with the squirrels), the turtle neck was a size small on an extra large knit sweater. A style choice I am sure, but I removed the original neck (it was knit on after the sweater was constructed) picked up stitches with some reasonably similar yarn and did a single knit roll edge. 



Not entirely perfect, but acceptable for the moment. It will get redone, with a proper count of stitches to be picked up.


The uniqlo turtle neck had same issues. I cut off the turtle just above the seam (to keep the neckline from stretching out a million miles, I want it to be a turtle, not a cowl)
Then I take that tall turtle piece and slice it up and sew it to be a longer shorter one.

I hope this makes sense




And then I took the bit I trimmed off the bottom and added it to the sleeves (after I cut off the ribbing cuffs - those pieces were too small to work with)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.