Sunday, June 2, 2024

All Stash Vest

I've been working on a vest that is not working out well, and I thought maybe I could remodel an old one.

this one. And it's just too small altogether now to be remodeled.
But I do still have the rest of this fabric.

A bit of a story here. 1992, my first trip to London, standing in Conrans and loving this two faced upholstery cotton with branding symbols on it. It Was A Lot Of Money.
I sat on it for awhile when I got home, until I bought a vest that needed new lining (the gold was too much for the tan front) (and the gold was too beautiful to get rid of). I would need to make a new vest to go with the lining. And this fabric was perfect.



Fabric and lining potentials (the middle dark grey went back to the drawer). This is all pretty deep stash - the black and white stripe is the newest at eight years in the 'collection'

I am going to alternate with them.


It's a lot easier to cut into this stuff now than it was in the mid90's.  And i still have a sizeable hunk for something else. I have noticed the smaller the remnant gets, the more I adore it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.