Thursday, June 20, 2024

Bob Turns Five, This is my eighteenth pair

The Bob pants pattern from Style Arc is turning five this month, and they are running a sale on their website to celebrate.  I'm late sharing this, it runs for a day or two more.

https://www.stylearc.com/shop-category/pdf-sewing-patterns/pdf-guest-list-patterns/?utm_campaign=website&utm_medium=email&utm_source=SendGrid

I am not advertising for Style Arc. I don't get anything from them. I don't want anything from them.

I have Bob pants. I need nothing else. 

If you look on Instagram on #bobpants, there are over a thousand posts. Also #

Only one of these is not about the pants

It's always about pockets with me. These are huge and don't show


I faced the visible portion of the pocket with the main fabric

I had lost count of how many of them I have made, but I did pull most of them out and the stats are: five solid color ones, and 12 prints and stripes plus the pictured one in the works.





The thing that makes them work is that they take very little fabric given how easy going and loose they appear. I did move the front seam forward so the pocket bags are under my mom pouch/pooch. More storage area.


Putting the pockets on and matching them up is the only real construction detail. Threading the elastic probably is the most time consuming; they are an easy make. Which would explain the number of them I have. They are acceptable for office wear; loose but not sloppy.  Intentionally designed. I have five of them in brussels washer (the pair in the photos are linen/rayon yarn dye in mustard).

I have upgraded to 1.5" non roll elastic for the waistband; I can put more stuff in the pockets and have the pants stay up with that heavier grade. Your mileage will vary.

Happy Birthday Bob!



1 comment:

  1. Are my pants Bob pants? I would be honored if so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.