Friday, June 10, 2016

More Gussets

I do get into a weird tunnel vision now and then. 

I want to come up with a simple, flat, one or two piece woven shirt pattern that has cut on sleeves. And it would be helpful to add a gusset to deal with the usual pinchy gathering at the armpit.

It makes a weird level of sense.


I mean, it adds back in the curves you lose when you take out the separate sleeve.
Now all I need to do is actually finish this pattern draft up. But all I do is spend more time researching it.

Live in fear of an obssession.....

http://fabrickated.com/2015/10/05/embroidered-blouse-making-it-up/
gusset trouble




http://i2.wp.com/fabrickated.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_9156.jpg






Sewing Bee gusset


1 comment:

  1. "Gullet or gusset?!"

    All I can say is I'm so glad I didn't go on that show. There's no end to my inexperience.
    But I'm kind of envious at the same time.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks thanks thanks. Together, we can make more better makes. You know what I mean, clever you!