Friday, January 3, 2014

It just looks simple


I keep seeing drawings of these. And it seems simple, really. A pin cushion on a jelly jar lid.

Uh huh.

I am going to take this apart and rebuild it, but let me explain a simple thing.

If you make one, you want to use something besides the canning lid as the base for the cushion. It barely screws on as it is, even with most of the fabric bulk removed/reduced.

And you need to make a little pillow liner that is smaller than the diameter of the inside of the jar ring, so the stuffing isn't stuck in the jar ring.

And suddenly four hours have gone by.

And now I know why I see drawings and not photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.