Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Sewing spacesuits - Linky love edition

Threads magazine letters section, #189

http://wp.wpi.edu/wpijournal/sewing-space/

A sweet Worchester Poly Journal piece on alum who sewed space suits.

image from Spacesuit: Fashioning Apollo

The book on the topic that I referred Threads to:
It's come down in price, been made into a paperback, on it's way to me. I would like to thank Beth Butler for the reminder; I'm still excited about reading this.

This is as good a summary of the book and the topic as you're going to get outside of reading the book.


image from Spacesuit: Fashioning Apollo


Still not in production.....

http://www.space.com/21297-bra-makers-moon-spacesuit-movie.html
(sorry, this webpage will ask you to subscribe to read it, so I didn't link it and be prepared)
This article is more about the movie deal than the book, and more about space movies in general. I had no idea Eastwood let the Armstrong book deal lapse.
Someday....



image from Spacesuit: Fashioning Apollo




1 comment:

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.