Sunday, July 8, 2018

Quick cocoon jacket

I bought a blanket at the Urban Craft Uprising Summer show recently.
 30" tall by 40" wide

A series of folds turned it into a sweater coat. No cuts needed.
The top is folded down to get the correct proportions for the body/sleeves.
I got this by a fair amount of just plain goofing around with it, and counting on the heavy loose knit to stretch and drape as I wanted it to.

Folded

Safety pinned


Checked for relative fit (bad hair don't care)

Stitched with silk thread for potential removal later, strength now.


Vintage button to hold down the back collar

Left the artist's tag on the front collar.
https://www.hillerysproatt.com/
30 minutes total.

Done.

Knit sweaters do not go with cat carrying.
You can't have everything.

2 comments:

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.