Friday, July 13, 2018

Alteration Tailor Thing, LLC.

I would buy this shirt in a heart beat if the grammar wasn't ghastly.
I'm an alterations - what? 
This is a thing all over TeeSpring. And I genuinely love the 'get 'er done' attitude, but nope. What language are we using here?

And where did this quote come from?

Hey, I have the internet. Right here!
My favorite sources are these screenshots from Goodreads:
Really?  I can't seem to get a definitive source, so am chalking it up to the 'stone age human carved this into the wall' level of attribution.

So I played around with this.


https://teespring.com/search?q=alterations
I think that TeeSpring auto-generates designs, as a search on their site using 'alterations' yields a ton of fun and weird designs. and then a few pages in, the corrections begin.



99% true, except the binge drinking

Overdone phrase these days, but yes.
I like this one, screenshot from the onscreen ad: Alteration Tailor Thing. I should name my business that. Also, I love the idea that the freakin awesome tailor would BUY the wife the hoody. If he was that freakin' awesome, he would have sewn it for her.
YMMV

Wait, we have clerks? 
Well, yes. Although I do the alterations at night as well. Because this woman never sleeps.


Many of the images on this post are from TeeSpring.
https://teespring.com/search?q=alterations
Except for that one with the sewing machine in the middle.
That one is mine.


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the quote "I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I'm done", but it has led to more sewing f-ups that you can imagine. I cannot sew when tired. I have finally finally learned the exact time to stop sewing. No more hours and hours of time with a seam ripper. 8-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are smarter than I am. The part where "I can't go to sleep" often is confused with "I am going to stay up and get things done". BADLY, she whined.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.