Sunday, March 3, 2019

March Mending on IG

It's here.
Get yer threaders and needles and glue and rick rack on, because it's going to be a gas.

My spouse pointed out to me that if I had bought one at that price, it would be about the same amount of money now (adjusted for inflation).

I would also be very very old.
They are magic, though. 
Witness!
I could watch this all damn day long


 https://www.abramsbooks.com/product/mending-matters_9781419729478/
In the hold line at Seattle Public Library.
I did like this example a lot.

I don't know that I have to explain to you why mending is fundamental.
If any reason should appeal, it's the chance to really tend to an object with a history, a story, and the ability to add to that story. 

To right a wrong
Yes, I stopped to take a photo. I spare NOTHING, I swear it.

To revisit an old friend
Okay, I wear this Beacon robe every day, and that might be the problem. I lined the shoulder yoke. Still going great.

To touch history
Sadly, this will not be here in time for March.
Ebay search terms you really need:
Darning, Machine.

4 comments:

  1. Just want to say that your mending skills have extended the lives of several things I own and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mending video is so cool! As is the machine! Theoretically, we can darn on our home machines. Theoretically. :-) Not sure I am sufficiently coordinated to do it. sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen several machines where the function switch to drop the feed dogs is labeling "darning" or "mending". And somewhere I have photos of this......I have personally jammed my Kenmore trying this.
      Le sigh.....

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.