Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Bride of Dignified Pullover Garment

Don't call it a reboot.
Well, it actually is.
Just a really tardy one.
Garments of a Dignified Lady
I wish I remembered why I ditched this version in 2015. I think it was the fabric weight and possibly too many large polka dots. Oh, and the seams were nasty to finish but too rough to leave alone. Joanns, sometimes you vex me.
As the Professor (King) says, you should mark your pattern pieces as if you might be struck by amnesia at any moment. Because you will.



She bought all the Eames shirts at Uniqlo for this
I was honestly going to do this for Refashioners 2018, but it seemed less like an "inspired by" and more like a "coming up with a rationale to include this make in the contest"

I mean, I really do like this piece.

http://mail.dianeericson.com/index.php?id=903035939331312170

Diane Ericson's Faultlines jacket
But what I want isn't inspired by this, just reflected in this.
Read the rules.

I found some pretty cool knit collage stuff. 
https://www.matchesfashion.com/products/Matty-Bovan-Patchwork-stretch-knit-top-1236000
Okay, maybe not precisely this Matty Bovan. But you get the general idea. And now, months later, I have several collections of fabrics that want to become Dignified Pullovers.
Hulk wants shirt that fits SheHulk from too small shirts

Three BeBop that want to be worn at the same time

Because I love Cowboy Bebop. A series with a beginning, a middle and an end.
And that Eames pile

There's stacks and stacks more, but the Eames, the Bebop and the Hulk want to happen now.

I'm working on another toile from the pattern I traced off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.