Sunday, April 7, 2019

Bride of Dignified Pullover: Collar Transplant

Somehow, something went wrong.
Yes, the back is super wider than the front.....
I made a toile from the edited pattern. The back is enormous
And fixing it is .....pointless

I've had this problem before; move one thing an inch, next thing over needs moving an inch. 

In the end, I was chasing the seams around the bodice.

In the middle of a long walk, it occurred to me that I need to transplant the new collar onto a shirt that already fits and stop chasing the errors
(we aren't even near working on the sleeves...yoinks). Then I can slash up the new pattern into sections for my knit pieces.

And I HAVE that shirt pattern already. 



So all I have to do is trace off that pattern, and redraw the new collar opening onto it. 
I'm going to open it up a little, and lengthen the sleeves.  I was going to add some ease, but this is for knits and it will have plenty as is. I might put the bands back on it (scaled down a little)
I can open up the bodice and make it a little wider, toile that, and then decide where to divide the body into blocks for my ....collections of shirt images

And I'm going to reuse the sweatshirt fabric.
I still have about a yard left. There's enough between the toile and that yard to make this second version. For once I used a long stitch length
Just in case this happened.
HEY! Thanks Previous Me!

But then, this happened. Just hanging out at Pacific Fabrics, like ya do....
Alexander Henry Flying Machines 2016
HOW DID I MISS THIS???????
So I had to do this. I didn't leave any for you, and I've used it all up. The Cutie summer 2018 dress, updated with the 2019 Arm Expansion Pack (going to try to make the Lady Arms sound like an advancement, rather than an aging side effect). 
now with more arm

Still too chilly to wear without leggings and a sweater, but DAMN

So the pullover in progress went into a project box and we'll come back to it presently. I gots work this week. Mmmmmmoney!
Have a good week, folks.

Today's soundtrack: Morricone https://youtu.be/yRDDflQlvgc
and 
Herrmann https://youtu.be/ANn3qjr-0fg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.