All cut out and ready to get sewn a month ago. I just finished the last one yesterday.
Things got busy!
I make a lot of tshirts off the same pattern. I traced it off a t shirt that fit me, and have refined it from there.
And I cut out a batch of them on one evening.
Trying to grain up the fabric and get the biggest leftover piece for the collar (upper left corner of fabric here), meant I cut the sleeves on the fold (bottoms folded up equally) and let the leftover space between them determine their length (at bottom of photo). I had to piece the collar, which didn't really show.
Cutting down an XXL shirt for myself, here estimating where the logo will go.
I am short, and I love logo shirts, so I do a lot of this.
Another tshirt, this one in black bamboo, same layout as first shirt.
This shirt was not touched. Yes, we date back to when Excel was Microplan. That's Mr I Worked On The Manual. He does have magic Excel powers.
I picked the sleeves off to make sure I could get all of their width. Yes, that was boring, but it was worth it. That's what I do on Saturday nights while watching Svengoolie horror classics; unpick seams. Think this one was The Wolfman.
Not that long, but I did add a little at the cuff for width later. It fits just fine.
Another t, adding stay tape to the back neck and shoulders to all of them one by one.
Those old serger spools come in handy for tape. I had to cut it in half lengthwise. It wouldn't iron to this poly, I don't know what it's issue was.
Use a thousand pins to add the collar
Sewing the tag on wrong
Tag sewn on right (used white stay tape for this shirt)
All I sew with is a sewing machine, reduced the pressure on the presser foot, use a zig zag stitch, and I test the stitches before I start every time. Sometimes I use a ballpoint needle, sometimes a stretch needle, sometimes I forget and use whatever is in the machine.
But I always test.
And I always prewash.
And I try very very hard to get the fabric ongrain first.