Thursday, October 21, 2021

v2922 Miyake Top

 Scale model sewing to see how something goes together



Vogue Patterns 2922 oop, their image my copy cleaned up





So, how did I get here?

Scanning and cleaning up in Paint and copying. Getting the top to fit the model is always hit and miss, and I do it by eyeballing it (it's too big for this one, too small for another).
As this is copyrighted material, and I purchased this pattern and it's limited use, I will just show you how I got there

My photos of not my designs:

not my designs

Still not my designs


Actually only a couple of construction questions, once I wrapped my brain around the center front. 
Hint: it's just a big draped thing that hangs in front and you iron it to maintain that folded central shape.



I could sew this with the machine, but then I would have to get up out of this chair



Sewing set-in sleeves, something I do not do at 100% scale

So here we are.


And the life size version is
This fabric was purchased a few years ago for a different item altogether, and I almost tossed it several times (too flimsy and loosely woven for the dress I had envisioned).
But PERFECT for this top. I finished it and wore it the next day to work, thus this bathroom selfie.

On Madame, it's pretty handsome and more in focus

In a soft drapey fabric, it's a winner.

2 comments:

  1. That scale sewing is fascinating! I always wondered why people do that and now I understand - thank you.

    I love that finished top on you -
    Good Job!
    :-) Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got into the habit of making little models from hatmaking. Much head scratching with less fabric wasting. This is about as small as I would want to go, although I do have a smaller wooden manikin :0

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.