Thursday, October 28, 2021

Folkwear Cocoon SewAlong

It's a sew along and a sale! (through Oct 31, 2021)

 https://www.folkwear.com/blogs/news/making-the-folkwear-503-poiret-cocoon-coat-sew-along-day-one

Hooray! cause I keep smacking at this and not getting the results I want!

Not that I didn't have some inspiration.

Piakdy's Overflowing Stash Gigli Cocoon
http://overflowingstash.com/2011/08/20/taking-the-scenic-route-with-gigli-wannabe-coat/

https://www.pinterest.com/erniekdesigns/cocoon/

Tiny Scale model version

Plus the pattern is onsale until October 31st.

Bigger split back/collar version in double gauze

Adjusting for full busted

I have made a couple of samples and few of them have worked out. the pattern has a lot of ease, but no bust adjustments for the large chested. 

Not quite what she was hoping for


So many samples over the years. These are only a few of the ones I could find photos of.

Looks great from the back

And from the front, NOPE

I'd still make one in silver velvet in a heartbeat

Anyway, sale runs through Oct 31st 2021



1 comment:

  1. I made this eight years ago, intending to wear it on the evening of our wedding. I splashed out on some ludicrously expensive, exquisite silk velvet with a swallow design. It was hellish to cut out, hellish to sew. Slippery as anything and it fought me all the way. It took 3 attempts to find a lining which worked with the colour, AND didn't fight the velvet drape. The piping was torture, despite much hand sewing....# it is gorgeous. And I didn't wear it on the day because the weather stayed warm until we went to bed! It still hangs limply in the wardrobe. Too gorgeous to waste, too fabulous to wear even for flamboyant old me. It may have to be disassembled and reworked. Dammit. I don't even have any good pics of it...I should address that I suppose. This is all that remains https://thedementedfairy.wordpress.com/2017/10/25/cape-fhere/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.