Thursday, December 30, 2021

New Shirts, New Fabrics, Not For Me

 Doug wants a new shirt

Doug went to New York with the bride and they went to Mood

Doug brought home fabrics and buttons.

Took new measurements, they aren't much different than three years ago

and traced off new pattern (because I just can't find the old one) from Simplicity 7030, mixing Small Medium and Large pieces

His wrists are smaller than mine, and he's a foot taller. Go figure.

The other shirt will have the long sleeves and cuffs (roll-up able)

Checking length - I traced the entire pattern this time, for future reference.
 Checking seams on the floor (also walking the armsceye)

Sewing action shots: 
the obligatory sewing the yoke/burrito facing roll

And a partial unfurl

Buttons. I like these better on this shirt, but I'm not the boss here

These are the buttons for the other shirt, but the same size. SO I trimmed one of the buttons down for the collar, just to see if it would work.

I need to reshape the sleeve. It should not tent out like that.

Needs a little more in the back. 


And he seems pretty happy with it.
The black buttons look fine. I will figure out how to work on that sleeve tenting out like that.

If you work with me and were wondering what the entire box of cookies I got for this work had in it:



Because the ex ate half of them overnight before I could bring them all in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.