Saturday, February 12, 2022

Pants Pants Pants

All I am sewing is pants.

And I honestly cannot make a fly and a waistband the same way twice. 

This time I put some ban rol waistband into it, as end leaders for the wide elastic that makes up most of the waistband..

https://www.wawak.com/Garment-Construction/Elastic-Waistbands/ban-roll-waistband-non-elastic/?sku=EL302

which works except for the part where I put the buttonhole through it, and it's cutting through the buttonhole threads because plastic is a weapon baby.

The lead piece to the right of the elastic is the ban-roll. Super stiff and is wearing well except for that pokey bit.


The nonelastic leader gets the button or the button hole, and stops the bunching at the point where the elastic starts.


And my tiny friend got a pair as well


Doug's fan dancing frogs get to be the pockets


And the tiny shirt so we'll match.
Dollightly, great patterns
https://www.etsy.com/listing/936674641/digital-download-doll-clothes-pattern

Yes, she will get a face up, her hair rerooted and redone, and oh yeah, she'll get back her finished feet. She will also get those tennis shoes with foot plugs and pegs for when she wants to look more like me.
Plus glasses. Cause Me

Added goodness:
really old pants
https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/04/the-worlds-oldest-pants-are-a-3000-year-old-engineering-marvel/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.