Saturday, February 26, 2022

WIPs gettting finished: the asymetrical 'dignified lady' pullover

 


We last looked at this in 2019

https://erniekdesigns.blogspot.com/2019/04/bride-of-dignified-pullover-collar.html

and before then

https://erniekdesigns.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-bride-of-dignified-pullover-garment.html

And finally resolving it, well 85% resolved

 I've been meaning to resolve this shirt, and I finally broke down and (mostly) finished it

The cuffs aren't done, and the hem was so uneven because I left some parts off, and I just got annoyed with the whole thing and shoved it in a drawer. And kinda wore it now and then?

Enough to put a name tag so I could identify the back and the front

I broke down and bought ribbing that mostly matches 

and made a big foldover band that goes all the way around

Has a drop at one corner

I did not spend a lot of time sewing this, the stitching in the ditch is sub par


Inside back

Inside front


Right side out front

It goes with the mushroom planet colors of my workplace

Behold, the Recital Hall Bathroom at Benaroya Hall.
I match the entire color palette for the whole building.
"Taupe on toast"
I have not finished the cuffs, but I had lots of homework and a deadline to finish four more pants and three more dress hems. And since I have worn this to work a couple of times and no one has said anything, I'm going to let them be for the moment.

But at least I had time to post this.


1 comment:

  1. Nice! an interesting twist on a basic garment.
    Good job!
    :-) Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.