Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Second Shirt, with variations

 Doug did buy fabric for two shirts when he was at Mood.

https://erniekdesigns.blogspot.com/2021/12/new-shirts-new-fabrics-not-for-me.html

I traced this off last winter, and made the long sleeve that I knew I would need for this version, with long sleeves and cuffs.

I barely took photos cutting this out. Here's the box. 

I was busy watching Devil Doll on Svengoolie. A very creepy film.



During the spare time waiting for my awful exam results, I did some sewing together of things

the burrito method is magic
one version here 
https://erniekdesigns.blogspot.com/2015/06/burrito-roll-facing-trick.html

You just have to roll the entire shirt into the gap inside the yoke. Do this before you add the pocket or the interfacings or anything bulky.

It's just so nice looking when it comes out.


and this is where we are for the  moment, as Accounting 120 is KILLING ME.

There never have been enough hours in the day but this is getting ridiculous.

And while this is on the table,

I am in discussions with Doug's eldest child, who is planning an August wedding

"Ultimately I just want to be really comfortable while still feeling like a pretty pretty princess."

Well, YEAH. I think we can have it all here.

So it begins (each and every one a etsy/ebay purchase)
There will be more on this topic as things transpire.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.