Sunday, November 5, 2023

New Winter Coat: Mistakes Are Being Made

So much work today. 

All for naught.

The front exterior pockets of the coat have been double welts in one previous edition, and zippers in another, and zippers functioned better. Keep stuff in better.



I did enjoy making these zippers

The trick is always: don't sew into the teeth, but right up to them, and either put a stop or glue across the teeth at the ends. Stop works better but glue will work here.

Love these process photos.

The zippers look good.

Sewed them in place, using the plastic cutting board strip between the layers.

You will not see the print of the flannel interlining in the finished coat. You won't see the inside of the pockets.

And when I hung up the one front piece on the mannequin, it looked awful with the white zipper.
Ew. 
Going to pick it out and try a different color from Joann's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.