Monday, September 26, 2016

An Hour With Roostery

Yes, I just can't spend enough time playing with Spoonflower. 
Yes, I sell stuff on them.
And I make stuff for my own entertainment and use

That tasteful disclaimer out of the way.......

ROOSTERY!



This was a hoot and a half of an hour

You can select patterns and virtually audition them on pre-chosen views.
We've done this on Sprout Patterns.
You cannot move the print around on Roostery, so you get what you get.
But I always throw a fit....
Attention: the fine print says:
 Please note, while we have done our best to accurately represent the color, position, and scale of this design, the finished product may be slightly different than appears in the preview.

Let's begin!






Looking good so far.

Oh, there's white line in the repeat space I did not see in the swatch or preview viewer. This could be a very useful tool as well as entertaining. 
But the print isn't centered.

This horizontal stripe only shows up in a full yard.

But the most fun is with the skeleton
This is a full yard piece on the performance pique width 



 Lovely tea towels. It says so in the description.
uh nope



This preview implies a different view than we get
This is not a useful view at all


and last but not least
Soooo..... big prints not a good idea.

But that cloud print looks really good......
I wonder what the Spoondollars are on a chair.




1 comment:

  1. I love the skeletons even more in piecemeal and the bookshelves would be brilliant in a library. Oh, my dream house is a touch more complete now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.