Sunday, May 3, 2020

The Best Free Clothing Pattern *GOAT

It takes less than a yard of fabric.
You can make out of woven or knit (drapier fabric is better with the long sleeve version).
It's a well balanced shape with great proportions.

ITS FREE


photo from Fancy Tiger website

My latest version of it has a scooped hem, minimal cuffs and a smaller, bound neck opening.

I am prompted to mention this pattern again after seeing numerous PDF patterns for $10 and up that are no better and give no better instructions or results than this one.

NUMEROUS.

Any Tina, Trina or Augustina can publish a PDF pattern for a boxy top if they like.
But this one is really good.

A few variations on this.

This one (inside out to show seams) got a turtleneck added to it

The dart takes some of the bulk out of it in a heavier fabric.  You can add a cowl or a turtle or a v-neck. You could extend it into a tshirt dress. This thing rocks in a crepe. The Lady Elroy knit crepe will give you a top in a yard or less (the following  ones took 3/4 yard, and for an expensive piece of yardage, a great 'sew the precious' project.
Just squeaks by on 3/4" yd. Pieced cuffs and neck trim came from scraps at the top and the sides.
This is what I had left from the bike shirt

This crepe knit needs to dry flat and be reshaped like a sweater; I swear that hem was even when I made it.
I add Hug Snug for stay tape at the back of the neck and the shoulders to prevent it from stretching out

To avoid headlights, with this fabric, I marked the bust point on the pattern



You could buy the fabric from them to support this amazing freebie!
https://fancytigercrafts.com/collections/jersey-knits/products/leafy-tropics
https://fancytigercrafts.com/products/bridal-boquet
https://fancytigercrafts.com/collections/jersey-knits

I get nothing from these folks except this amazing pattern. And so can you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.