Friday, December 4, 2020

Ear bud bag

The old ear buds had a tragic accident and sparked me when I used them, so they had a more tragic end.
Replacing them, I decided I should give them a safer form of transport than wadding them up in my coat pocket.
Of course I traced it. I'm making a pattern for it.
My goal is to keep the bundle from tying itself up. If I put a snap or a button in the middle of that wound-up cord, I should be in good shape to keep it from tangling.



Paper pattern made, pinned out

Making a square hole is easier to trim to the edge to turn it.
Sewed that square, cut it, turned it.

Turned it



This is the ugly half burrito. Yes, I had to turn it first, and then flip it back to stitch the sides and top seam. I know, I used a fabric without a visible right/wrong side, but this light nylon is what I had on hand to make this out of.

And after a quick light press (with a pressing cloth cause SINGE)

It worked.


I went back and snuck a piece of interfacing in the center section. Should have added piece of interfacing on center spot for other side of snap. Could have done this for the hole, but didn't need to as yet.
This is a test model, we'll see how this works out long term.

Snap one (centers in hole)
Snap Two, needs interfacing under it.

it gets some bias trim at the seam to cover and finish it.

Roll it up and stick it in.

Snap it shut


It's in there. As long as I put it in with the ear buds at the bottom of the pocket, I think it will be okay. It may not need to be a three fold, it might just as well be an open top pocket. Or maybe a zipper? 
I'm testing this out. I don't think I will need another one, and my fam are all wireless ear bud people.

Ya never know.

It's been working pretty well so far

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.