Sunday, July 9, 2023

Make your own bodkin



I think we all know by now my deep fondness for plastic cutting boards. I use them for templates, quick rulers, a nonpinnable layer to put pins into things but not through all the layers. they are cuttable, NOT HEAT RESISTANT THOUGH, bendable and usually easily found at a dollar store or

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/finfoerdela-flexible-chopping-board-dark-gray-dark-turquoise-30335898/

Mix this up with a  rainbow double cap rivet - get the 



https://emmalinebags.com/collections/bag-hardware/products/double-cap-rivets-3-sizes-5-finishes-available-50-packs?variant=2349553385481

You would want the extra small rivets, with the shortest post at .19 inch You can find other small rivet sets on Etsy, this is just an example. I have become very fond of little rivets. Little rainbow ones are cute.


The victim



top to bottom: the paper one, the plastic one, the one that Clover doesn't seem to have in stock anywhere (there's a slider button that clamps on the thing you're pulling through and a plastic piece at the nose that I can feel for and grab. And inspired this homemade version)


BOB, this is the HOUSE OF BOB
(this typeface is called Plastic Purse, for Lily's Purple One, and the source of the perfect Mr Slinger mantra: today was difficult, tomorrow will be different)

I stapled it on to the elastic like the cardboard one

So the secret sauce is: you can feel that rivet through the fabric and grab that and pull the bodkin along.
Eventually the plastic will break at the fold. 
Eventually I will go blind and the world will boil. I won't be worrying about pants then.

Also more Bob, in wax print from House of MamiWata
https://houseofmamiwata.com/products/african-fabric-ankara-fuchsia-orange-blue-yellow-pink-kahina-design-yard-or-wholesale
These pants don't match ANYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.