Sunday, June 9, 2019

Stealing from Mrs Mole: bias sash for waistband

As ever, if you aren't reading Mrs Mole, at Fit for A Queen, you really aren't reading sewing blogs. She is inspirational to me. Many upsidethehead ideas have been sprung from reading her posts.
Like this one.

photo Mrs Mole "Fit for a Queen" 
Isn't that a pretty thing? 

She added it to the dress; its the lining fabric with shiny bits.

but I don't do bridal, you says.
Well...... 
Let's say you had a bodice where the print was matched across it, and a skirt where that print was never ever ever going to match up to the bodice, and that this was kinda hard to look at where the two parts meet up.

So let's add a bias sash "belt" to break that up / unite those parts.

You can even piece this sucker together out of the leftover bits from the build 

And you can put that motif object over the join.
A nicer transition, and I didn't have to find a belt that goes with it.

You could use a lot of techniques to gather that fabric - because you won't see the pattern, just the colors.

Or you had two fabrics that were complimentary but maybe not that complimentary to each other, and they met at the waist.

You could make a similar sash with pieces of both fabrics.
And we may see that sooner than we'd hoped....

(tbc as This is why I hate color blocking)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.