Sunday, June 16, 2019

It's over; Pacific Fabrics Northgate is closed

I saw this sign back in May and my heart broke in two.
And then the tributes went up in the front window



 And then it started to go away


And so it was.
There was cake. Of course there was cake.

And Bob's infamous cookies





Of course I had a piece of cake.
I had two.

Trying to put a happy spin on a really sad occaision and stacking my photos of the store in here:

Umbrella kits. Because who doesn't want to make their own?

My favorite aisle

My second favorite aisle

Themed sales and local products

The seasonal collections for good causes

That time someone drove through the front window doors

Or the times the power went out.
Or the building flooded. That happened often.

Or, seven years ago when I didn't get the job there.
That made me go on this crazy 'choose your own adventure' ride. Which is why I'm writing this with a level of sadness and gratitude.

This was my local fabric store. This is where all those things came from. This was my showroom for clients, this is where I took my first paying client to buy fabric for her wedding dress. Also, my secret club, my sanity stop while the kids were in preschool, my after work impulse buy to correct my poor attitude, my everything store.

I love you all so much. I will see some of you again
Thank God for Leah. She's going to the SoDo store.
I've known her long enough to put her photo here. She should be the patron saint of ErnieKDesigns.  
Ah hell, she is. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a lovely tribute. I went a week or so ago to write a note, commiserate with staff, and shake my head with other patrons. Couldn't bear to go today. Elle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.