Sunday, May 15, 2022

Style Arc Bob Pants: Peer Pressure Pants

 Now here's something I don't say very often 
"I made these because everyone else made a pair and they looked great on them"

Style Arc Bob pants

and even more of a surprise:

"And they turned out pretty great!"


Pretty much straight size 18, with the usual adjustments: moved the side seams towards the front by an inch (you can see that on the grid board photo above, and on this inside out flatlay photo.




changed the pockets to hang from the waistband, and faced the visible edge.
used the selvedge edge as a trim on the inside waistband and visible on the hem



And I have two more cut out right now, ready to sew!

2 comments:

  1. You know the side seams are already considerably forward on these pants, right? And that the fronts should be cut off grain? These look great though, there's nothing like some cheerful fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did discover the off grain layout of the front piece and yes, there's going to be another post about these. It's secret sauce.
    In self drafted pants, I have gotten in the habit of pushing the side seam to the front (around my front hipbone, if not closer to the bellybutton) because I like having the pocket bag hang in the shadow of my tum. Cause there's definitely some room there, and more all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.