Saturday, August 6, 2022

Summer dress 2022 ideas

This dress has it's moments, but I'm not making it again
It would be nicer in a knit

back 8813 tilton

front 8813 tilton

This Marci Tilton.8813

https://sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/54078 The reviews consistently state: 
"does it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope? No, but..." and they give four or five stars routinely. 

https://erniekdesigns.blogspot.com/2018/08/plant-flag-and-declare-victory-over.html

 I love the one dress I made from this, but it was a panic to assemble, I had to edit it pretty severely, and it took a lot of fabric. This plaid is a lightweight shirting plaid, from District Fabric  https://districtfabric.com/espresso-plaid-shirting/

Pao has made it a staple of her wardrobe, https://projectminima.blogspot.com/2018/05/wearing-that-french-housedress.html

but it needs..... a drapy fabric to really shine. Like a knit

The dress staple of my wardrobe has been the self proclaimed Cutie

Four pattern pieces, five if you count the neck facing, and the skirt is just whatever yardage you have leftover.
There are many more of them, most of them are twenty pounds ago. I'm wearing the Modern Sewing Woes model while I'm taking this photo



Check out the gapping in the front. The middle one popped a couple times 


Oh man. I am 63. I am not feeling cute. I have this pattern down, but something different is calling.

New ideas have issues, too.


This could work, but  it needs the bodice fabric to be cut on the bias to get the cut on sleeve to do that sweet drop, and a lot of novelty cotton doesn't read well on the bias (frankly a lot is based on a straight grid repeat, vs a half step down or to the right).

I'm also still team Shirt Dress, even though every one of them I have sewn in the last ten years has gone right into the thrift store bag.


So pretty much what I'm doing is mending and making some more short sleeve shirts
Between the Rue tshirt and my pop culture tshirt interests, I'm team ringer shirt lately
Which..... could be an idea.

But this was what I ended up making

"Which we will get to in a bit"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.