Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Our Patron Saint's Centennial Year Begins Today


Today, January 23rd, 2019, is the 100th anniversary of Ernie Kovacs' birth.
I love Ernie, he's why this is called ErnieK Designs.
(I know: he didn't sew, I don't make television)
I did this homage for a cartoon gallery show in the 80s on 'our heroes'. Click on it to make it really big if you want a 'splainer of my devotion.
Not shown here: my EEFMS card. The copies of his books. The biographies I've worn out. The VHS tapes of the tv stuff, the entire DVD set. The Edie wing.
You could not have a better patron saint as a creative person.
It's the 'back of the head' stuff that keeps it interesting.


The Nairobi Trio

Josh Mills, Edie Adams' son and keeper of the flame, has put out all of his work he can find through Shout Factory. 
TCM ran a marathon today of his work.
(I don't get cable anymore, but I ran my own)

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/ernie-kovacs-the-centennial-edition?product_id=6903
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Kovacs
Kovacs wrote this for Mad Magazine. Illustrated by Wally Wood, also genius.
the third eye, from his Wikipedia page
how the third eye is done, two cameras, one masked off.
It's not about the tricks, it's about the story you can tell with that trick image

Most of the Silent Hour, starring Eugene.
Kovacs Corner channel on YouTube has lots and lots to watch.

Another homemade piece of art in the sewing cave, with tv and microphone charms.


Nothing in moderation indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.