Sunday, January 27, 2019

Your 2019 Target Valentine Round Up

Target has the valentines aisle going now.
There's some time value information in this post, thus it's being posted today.
Plus those Thanos boxes are going to go quickly.
There are NO conversation hearts at all, FYI.
https://www.bhg.com/news/no-conversation-hearts-this-year/
https://cryptogram.com/hearts/

This is all Valentine. No sewing. Some snark.
There were a lot of them I did not bother mentioning here.
Sorry Shopkins and Paw Patrol, and all the Princesses.


This is an annual pilgrimage for myself. 
Just some princess. Not all. Ooooh no.

Clearly, I love this stuff. 
It's fuzzy. A velvet heart. A classic.
What follows....maybe less so.

I loved and still adore Valentines Day store bought valentines. I have a lot of them. I have a large file of photos of them.
These are mostly the ones I did not buy for you.
Click to enlarge. Unless noted, my photos taken at Target.
But clearly, NOT MY CREATIONS.

Darth doesn't do chocolate

Sorry, Darth doesn't do dark chocolate.
That's wrong.

BB8 has stolen someone's thunder


Sadly, that came true.The never part, anyway.

Stormtroopers never seem to get old. There were Praetorian guard Pez dispensers as well.

I am baffled at why this has crossed over from the more logical use of this sort of thing with the Jurassic Park dig it fossil set.
In the same, make a godawful mess for a piece of plastic imbedded in the middle. You get a gem OR a coin. Booooo! A mess AND a choking hazard or three.
Why god why?

But let's get to the paper goods.
Because licensing. 
His agency is working with Print All Over Me now.
http://joesterloriagroup.com/blog/2018/11/13/world-of-eric-carle-and-print-all-over-me-partner-on-new-infant-apparel-and-retail-activations
Okay, that's one fabric related citation.
Sue me.
Actual nonbranded valentine number two
His second year at Target. He must be over by now.

Sequel specific. I love how the pencils are lined up to show the whole image.
Sadly, the photo of the box to the left did not come out. So, screen grab time:
photo from Target website

Taco Time Valentines. They were really charming. Non Branded valentine number one.
Not to be confused with Taco Time restaurants


Or the Taco Bell valentine (screen grab)
No Chimichanga valentine love.
Also no Deadpool2 instore official valentines.
You had to go online for those.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/14/deadpool-2-valentines-day-cards/
Cable gets no love.

More sequel valentines, but no candy. Just Lego, and the most expensive one that didn't have velvet and chocolates in it

screen grab from Target webpage

This is a show that's premiering on Nickelodeon TODAY. Who knew? I assumed it's a sendup of mashup memes on the internet, but it's got merch and everything
https://www.partycity.com/girls-felicity-costume---rainbow-kitty-unicorn-P789543.html
How does it have 42 reviews? The show hasn't premiered yet.

January 27. Can you say 'manufactured hype thing'?
Clearly, I am fond of it. 

Valentines in disguise?

I was honestly hoping for all the SpiderVerse folk, Spider Noir, Spider Ham, Peni Parker, but no. It's still your Grandfather's Spiderman.

I did not buy these. I thought about it very hard, but I have a lot of valentines and not so much space. I am kind of hoping I will find other non puzzle valentines for her.
Her breasts are normal size in the puzzle image (relative to her biceps). In the others, they've taken her up a cup or two. And this is a good idea why?

So, clearly I bought some.

Which ones?
Well......
front and back of purchased box. You go look them up.I'm tired.
This set, because Captain Marvel is in there, as well as Daisy/Quake from AoS, and Ms Marvel, and Squirrel Girl (though they are the Rising comics versions, not Erica Henderson's run of SG) And SpiderGwen.
The scented tattoos will have to live outside for awhile, as....scented is not for me.


This was the only difference between the regular set
and the set I bought:
Eight valentines and a premade Valentine collection box. Which is CHEATING, kids.

Which I paid $4 for, mostly for this version of the Thanos card.
I mean, why the hell not?



1 comment:

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.