Thursday, October 31, 2019

Costumes of 2019

This year, it finally happened:
I am happy it's a family set, but Dad's a Slytherin. 

 I'll be honest: this really is years too late. The licensed fabric is still full price at Joann's though.
Or the bathrobe version, if you prefer double duty.

I think I prefer the unlicensed costumes this year, which is good because they vastly outnumber the official ones.

I mean, what's not to love about this description?
Also loving the Branded familiar pillow pals (Hedwig, Crookshanks,Pigwidgeon - what, no Scabbers?), and the Unbranded Fantastic Beasts pillow pals - Platypus and Owl.

As for the McVogurrickity patterns, mostly available at Joann's*
I believe this is a riff on Greatest Showman (see the upper right red). It needs the coat.

I have no idea what this is. I'm guessing it's a game, but it is very specific. Also, dad/kid cosplay sets are rare, so I'm giving it love, even if I have absofrigginlutely no idea what it is.
One of you will enlighten me.

I know the right is a Red Riding Hood, but....who is the one on the left? It's so very Cowboy specific, and I can't find a reference anywhere that links up with it. Overwatch?
HELP ME.
Nov 25: I have asked every meme-lovin costume sewin' human I can find about this, and only one person thought Maybe Somewhere in Kingdom Hearts? Or One Piece?
Still we don't know.

The spotters guide (aka Spirit Halloween online) isn't helping
https://www.spirithalloween.com/thumbnail/halloween-costumes/mens-costumes/

The rest of these make sense. Whew.

Finn, Rey, Aquaman with interesting faux Maori face painting, and Kate Bishop Hawkeye.
It's a nice set of costume pieces, frankly.

I appreciate the 'We Can Do It' reference, and I appreciate the heavy black backpack straps to imply you could do some Ghostbustin' in the khaki version

This is from last year, but I felt you should get more coveralls action plus Rose Tico 

 A little Game of Thrones "inspired" for you

She Who Drinks Wine All Season and Arya

Cersei look two


Daenarys, two looks

Wednesday from Addams Family finally gets her due

Star Wars never goes bad, this one is new
Arya on the right, Rey and Rey on the left


This one is from last year, but it's still a killer.

And I could not find any Pennywise patterns. I know you guys have been sewing your own; any patterns you're using?

*there is something going on with the high numbered patterns not being available at Joann's and it's bugging me. They are just available on the website and grrrrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.