Sunday, October 27, 2019

Paddy O'Furniture

I don't do furniture recovers. Or patio furniture.
That is, unless I have known you for decades and consider your children my children.
The iron was saved and we learned something about pressing temperatures.
And it helps if I get to buy a new toy for the job

It had so much plastic wrap around it, I had to try to save it.




And yes, I reused that plastic wrap on a concrete patch job (not featured here) that needed to be covered while it set. And it would have worked too, if the temperatures had not plummeted to a new seasonal low......





Our prototype works.
Let's do this.
Of course I made a template to mark the holes. 12 holes each on four seat corsets. Of course I'm making a template for that.

Yes, I bought the hole punch die, too. That outdoor fabric is tough.

Plastic grommets won't rust, but they will crack if I lean on the handle too hard


And they bend and pry out eventually

Baby Bulldog Does The Job!


Now my living room is full of patio chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.