Saturday, July 18, 2020

New Necklines for 2020

I've got the TNT top pattern down. It's becoming my go to woven tshirt.
This was before I rounded the neck out, It fits nicely. Last summer's hair though....
Some have long sleeves and are made of Ankara wax
A few have no sleeves

There are many more, but you get the idea.
I enlarged the head hole and angled it to the front, so it would not be too wide but not ride up on the back of my neck. Getting some pudge back there and it doesn't like to be stressed
And now I want to play around some more with it.
photo from Pinterest, sorry for not getting source
photo from Harts Fabric website
from Sew Chic Facebook page
Everything I'm looking at has notches
Honestly can't remember where this photo comes from. Sorry.
Well, this one doesn't. It's got a front yoke with an opening you can really only see because of the buttons. Frankly, you wouldn't need a closure except for looks. And they could be uneven.

the white line indicates where the facing piece would end. Yes, there would be a lot of clipping and trimming, but just one facing cut separately
I mean, these are ideas. Next week I'll have a million more. Most will stink. Some will not. Those horizontal yoke seams don't have to be horizontal (but that does make them easier to piece. This pattern fits on 1.5 yds of novelty cotton with spare enough for a mask).  So I will be thinking about this, as I have some other PANTS to finish as soon as my SISTER comes over to try on the first pair to make sure the pattern still works for her.
(drums fingers on sewing table)

Meanwhile, I have zippers to replace and this yard project to sleep on
photo from http://www.samuiislandvillas.com/blog/thailands-stunning-spirit-houses/
Palm trees will not be a feature. 

3 comments:

  1. Is your TNT the Scout? Just curious. How about an symmetrical v neck? That could be fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't, but it sure ended up just like it. It started with Butterick 4238, and a lot of tweaking. Mostly raising the armsceye, broadening the back. The thing about the original is that the shoulders and upper bust fit me right out of the envelope, and the rest of the shirt was easy enough to change up.

      A V neck is a cool thing. I will add that to the list, thanks.

      Delete
  2. I really like the star shaped opening at bottom right

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.