Wednesday, July 28, 2021

A little color blocking nightmare party....v2127 gives me ideas

 So I am working on Vogue 2127, that Miyake top.


Does it have hot quilting cotton potential?


Maybe. I bought the Tula Pink Red Queen fabric on pure impulse, and now I have to figure out how to make it go to work. I did use the green Chrysanthemum cotton for a swing top after I did this sampler.

I did a similar test with the TokyoBots (a dress I should get to wear this week).


Thinking about this:

https://helensclosetpatterns.com/2018/09/10/the-refashioners-2018/

What is probably going to happen is the Siena Shirt. I've color blocked it before and liked the results.




And Siena wins the Red Queen Lottery! And I had to buy a yard of the painted roses polka dots, but they do look super fine together.



3 comments:

  1. I was hoping you were going to use the Miyake - I have it my stash and have never used it. I'm 5'2" with many of the same fitting issues you have ... I guess I'll have to break out the tracing paper and make my own version FINALLY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am stalled out on the Miyake, and switched to this to cheer myself up. I am postponing posting until I feel about where it is. But it's not going anywhere (too warm to try it on)

      Delete
    2. I hear you - lavish your attention on something that will love you back! The fabric is all kinds of fun and the Siena shirt will be wonderful.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.